Research and Knowledge Translation PortfolioThe Research and Knowledge Translation Portfolio supports CIHR in achieving its health research and knowledge translation objectives primarily through the design, development and administration of CIHR's funding programs and corporate science policies. The portfolio supports the Chief Scientific Officer in her accountability for oversight of all scientific affairs at CIHR.
The Research and Knowledge Translation Portfolio is composed of six branches, with the following mandates.
- To deliver and manage all open grants and awards programs.
Strategic Program Design and Analytics
- To support strategic program planning and reporting, program design and delivery, and performance management analytics.
Science, Knowledge Translation and Ethics
- To provide leadership for an organization-wide, coherent and strategic approach to tackling CIHR's mandate in the areas of knowledge translation, research capacity and ethics. Also responsible for the Tri-Agency1 Vanier/Banting Secretariat, and the operational lead for corporate science policies.
Program Support and Business Transformation
- To provide leadership for business requirements and tools to support program delivery and for major business transformation initiatives (such as reforms of the Open programs). Also responsible for portfolio planning, work plan integration, matrix management and support to the Chief Scientific Officer in stakeholder engagement and communications.
Platforms and Major Initiatives
- To provide leadership for the planning, implementation and reporting of assigned, Science Council-directed, major platforms and initiatives (such as the Strategy for Patient-Oriented Research, the Drug Safety and Effectiveness Network, the Canadian Longitudinal Study on Aging, and the CIHR HIV/AIDS Research Initiative).
Secretariat on Responsible Conduct of Research
- A Tri-Agency1 organization that provides support to both the Panel on Research Ethics (PRE) and the Panel on Responsible Conduct of Research (PRCR). Mandated to engage in the evolution and implementation of both the Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans (TCPS 2) and the Tri-Agency Framework: Responsible Conduct of Research (the Framework), the Secretariat plays a key role in the Agencies' collaborative objective to ensure a coherent and uniform approach to promoting ethical and responsible conduct of research and for addressing allegations of breaches of Tri-Agency policies.
Chief Scientific Officer and Vice-President, Research and Knowledge Translation:
Jane E. Aubin, PhD
Associate Vice-President, Research and Knowledge Translation:
Kelly VanKoughnet, PhD
- CIHR, SSHRC and NSERC