Welcome to Synapse - CIHR Youth Connection
Synapse is a meeting place, a junction that brings together young Canadians with Canadian health researchers.
Science is all about people - let's get to know each other.
- Seventeen-year-old student to represent Canada at the 2014 International Brain Bee competition
- Guelph student wins best brain in Canada!
- Child & Family Research Institute Mini Med School receives 2014 Synapse Award for Mentorship
- University of Toronto researcher receives 2014 Synapse Award for Mentorship
- University of Ottawa master’s student receives 2014 Synapse Mentorship Award
- What does health research involve? Is it just Petri dishes and pipettes?
- Thinking about a career in health research?
- Looking for hands-on science activities and programs to see if it's right for you?
- Want to talk to someone about health research?
CIHR's Synapse program is a good place to start answering these questions. Visit the Youth Zone to learn more about many aspects of health research. Meet CIHR-supported researchers and mentors and find out about careers in this field.
We are on Facebook
What’s your dream? Engineer? Doctor? Still exploring your options?
Synapse is your connection to valuable information about events, programs and resources all related to science and technology.
Click “Like” to connect your way to science in Canada.
- Thinking about becoming a mentor?
- Want to reach a "younger crowd" but don't know where to start?
- Looking for mentorship opportunities?
- Need coaching on how to "reach" young people and be an effective mentor?
Students aren't the only one with questions. If you think you're at the stage where you'd like to start mentoring the next generation of health researchers, visit the Researchers' Zone. We can give you great ideas about how you can help and organizations that can assist you with this goal.