Institutes Advisory Boards Member Application and Guidelines
CIHR is launching a recruitment campaign to fill up to 75 positions within the five new IABs. An open nominations process is the most appropriate and transparent way to attract the ideal mix of expertise for the new IABs.
Information on the selection criteria and composition of the new IABs is available under the IABs Selection Criteria.
Online applications can be submitted, via ResearchNet, from December 11, 2015 to February 10, 2016.
How to Apply to Become an IAB Member
To become an IAB member, candidates must submit a completed application using the ResearchNet system including a CIHR IAB CV created using the Canadian Common CV system.
To apply, you will need the following:
- ResearchNet account
- CIHR PIN
- Common CV account
- Common CV PIN/System Account - this is the same as your CIHR PIN
Step 1 - Creating a CIHR PIN and/or a ResearchNet Account
- Access ResearchNet and use the "Register" link to request a new account.
- If you don't already have a CIHR PIN, sign in to your ResearchNet account. Once signed in, click on your name (top right of the screen) and select from the drop-down menu "Register for a CIHR PIN" and complete the form.
- There will be a delay of approximately one working day to receive confirmation of your PIN.
Note: You will be required to validate your PIN on the Common CV system prior to submitting your CV. To validate your PIN/System Account chose the PIN option from the main menu and follow the instructions. For additional information, click on the “Register with CIHR" link.
Step 2 - Create a CIHR IAB CV
Login to your Common CV account.
A new funding CV template named CIHR IAB has been created to capture the necessary IAB applicant information. This template is a scaled-down version of CIHR’s current Academic and Knowledge User CVs as it contains only the information required for the purpose of selecting IAB members.
Note: It is not necessary to enter data in the Generic CV. Select the Funding CV named CIHR IAB (not the generic CV) to focus your efforts on providing the information required for applying to become an IAB member.
- Complete and submit the CIHR IAB template.
Step 3 - Submit your completed application through ResearchNet
- Login to your ResearchNet account.
- Click on the 'Get Involved' menu located to the left of the screen and select from the drop-down menu 'Institute Advisory Board (IAB) Membership'.
- Review and complete your application.
- Submit your application.
- Once you have submitted your application you should receive an email confirming that your application was received.
For more information or assistance, please contact Gisèle Lacelle, Membership Advisor, Governance Secretariat, by telephone 613-941-6177 or by e-mail, email@example.com.
For technical and Common CV assistance, contact the CIHR Help Desk or by phone at 613-941-0068 between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm EST Monday to Friday.
"CCV Help" button is available from CIHR’s Home Page. Click on "CCV Help" link to access all information on the CCV for CIHR, including previous updates, training links, an FAQ and additional resources.
- Date modified: