IG Institute Community Support (ICS) Program 2014-15The ICS Program is designed to foster community development by providing grants and awards to individuals and organizations for the purposes of:
- Aiding research and knowledge translation activities where the circumstances fall outside of CIHR's current suite of funding programs.
- Supporting individuals and organizations whose goals are consistent with CIHR and its Institutes' vision, mandate and strategic directions.
The ICS Program is not intended to support the direct cost of research (e.g., pilot projects, feasibility studies or operating grants), principal investigator and co-investigator salaries, or research equipment.
Institute of Genetics (IG) ICS Program
IG has developed four funding programs under the framework of the ICS Program:
- Computational Biology Undergraduate Summer Student Health Research Award (2015)
- Objective: To provide undergraduate students in the life sciences, mathematics and computer sciences with an opportunity to undertake computational biology health-related research projects with established researchers in an environment that provides strong mentorship.
- Lap-Chee Tsui Publication Award (2014)
- Objective: To recognize outstanding health research carried out by trainees in all fields and disciplines working within the IG's mandate.
- Maud Menten New Principal Investigator Prize (2015)
- Objective: To recognize and support the research excellence of Canadian New Investigators working within the IG’s mandate.
- Summer Program in Taiwan (2015)
- Objective: To provide Canadian graduate students (master’s or doctoral level) with first-hand research experience in an international setting.
The IG contribution to the amount available for this program is subject to availability of funds voted annually to CIHR by parliamentary appropriations, and the conditions that may be attached to them. The total amount available for the 2014-15 launch of the IG ISC Program is up to $213,500 distributed among the funding opportunities listed above.
The funds available and allowable costs for each program, along with the program description, application information, review process, and evaluation criteria will be outlined in the funding opportunity once launched. For reference, please visit the 2013-14 IG ICS Program page to access the previous year’s funding opportunities and decisions.
- Date modified: