ICR Institute Community Support (ICS) Program (2014-15)
The ICS Program is designed to foster community development by providing grants and awards to individuals and organizations for the purposes of:
- Aiding research and knowledge translation activities where the circumstances fall outside of CIHR's current suite of funding programs.
- Supporting individuals, organizations and activities whose goals are consistent with CIHR's and its Institutes' vision, mandate and strategic directions.
The ICS Program is not intended to support the direct cost of research (e.g. pilot projects, feasibility studies or operating grants), principal and co-investigator salaries or research equipment.
Institute of Cancer Research (ICR) ICS Program
Under the framework of the ICS Program, ICR supports activities in four areas:
- ICR Planning and Dissemination Grants provides support for planning and/or dissemination activities consistent with ICR’s mandate
- The ICR Travel Awards program supports research trainees (graduate students and postdoctoral fellows) to travel to attend scientific meetings to present their own cancer-related research.
- The ICR Publication Prizes program rewards excellence in cancer research done in Canada by graduate students and postdoctoral trainees.
- The Early Career Award in Cancer program recognizes the excellence of research being conducted in Canada by a new investigator in the field of cancer.
The Institute of Cancer Research's contribution to the amount available for this program is subject to availability of funds voted annually to CIHR by parliamentary appropriations, and the conditions that may be attached to them.
The total amount available for the ICS program for fiscal year year 2014-2015 is $200,000. Although not anticipated at this time, additional funds may become available.
How to Apply
The following links include instructions that apply when seeking funds for:
- ICR Planning and Dissemination Grants
- ICR Travel Awards
- ICR Publication Prizes
- Early Career Award in Cancer
For information on availability of funds or whether an activity could be funded under existing CIHR programs, please contact:
Institute of Cancer Research