Applied Chairs in Health Services and Policy ResearchThe Canadian Institutes of Health Research Institute of Health Services and Policy Research (CIHR-IHSPR) in partnership with the Canada Health Infoway, the Canadian Health Services Research Foundation, the Canadian Patient Safety Institute, Health Canada and the Ontario Ministry of Health are pleased to announce the results of the Applied Chairs in Health Services and Policy Research competition.
The objectives of the program are to:
- support high quality applied health services and policy research that is relevant to health system managers, policy makers and healthcare providers in the areas of
- Access to Appropriate Care Across the Continuum
- Health Information
- Drug Policy
- Patient Safety
- foster linkages and create an environment of collaboration and exchange with health system managers and policy makers to support the timely and effective application of research into policies, programs and practice;
- support Canadian universities in developing and strengthening education programs in applied health services and policy research;
- stimulate innovative approaches to applied health services and policy research, mentorship, education and knowledge linkage and exchange; and
- educate and mentor the current and next generation of applied health services and policy researchers (graduate students, post-graduate students and junior faculty) both in applied research methods and facilitating opportunities for knowledge exchange and linkage with decision makers.
A total of 41 Letters of Intent were submitted to this competition and 36 of those were invited to submit a full application. A total of 33 full applications were received for this competition. These applications were reviewed by the CIHR Applied Chairs in Health Services and Policy Research committee in September 2008. Based on the recommendations of the committee, CIHR-IHSPR and its partner are proud to announce the funding of seven (7) Applied Chairs in Health Services and Policy Research.
To view the list of Applied Chairs in Health Services and Policy Research recipients, select either the HTML or PDF file below.
Applied Chairs in Health Services and Policy Research Decision Report
For questions specifically related to CIHR funding guidelines, peer review and decision process, contact:
Program Delivery Coordinator
Research Capacity Development Branch
Canadian Institutes of Health Research