2013 ICR News
- Breast Cancer in Young Women Research Program: Call for Proposals
Harper Government supports Canadian National Transplant Research Program
The Honourable Leona Aglukkaq, Minister of Health announced the launch of a new national transplantation research program that will develop new knowledge and health care practices that address barriers to tissue and organ donation and will improve health outcomes for transplant recipients in Canada. The CNTRP brings together over 105 investigators across 9 provinces and is the first program in the world to unite and integrate the solid organ transplant, bone marrow transplant and the donation and critical care research communities together in a ground-breaking national research endeavour. Funding for this program, in the order of $13.85M, is being provided through CIHR (including ICR) in partnership with Canadian Blood Services, Canadian Liver Foundation, Cystic Fibrosis Canada, Fonds de recherche du Québec-Santé, Genome BC, and the Kidney Foundation of Canada.
There are several cancer funding opportunites that have been launched and that are of interest to the research community:
- CIHR Operating Grant: Winter 2013 Priority Announcement (Cancer Research) which includes the Breast Cancer (Bridge Funding) and Cancer Research (Bridge Funding). Registration deadline: February 1, 2013 and Application deadline: March 1, 2013.
- Dissemination Events: Winter 2013 Priority Announcement (Cancer Research). Application deadline: February 15, 2013.
- CIHR China-Canada Joint Health Research Initiative (2013). Application deadline: March 14, 2013.
- ICR Knowledge Translation and Exchange Research Training Award (2012/2013). Application deadline: March 31, 2013.
- Catalyst Grant : Environments, Genes and Chronic Disease. Application deadline: April 2, 2013.
- ICR partners with the New York Academy of Sciences (NYAS) to support the NYAS-CIHR Institute of Cancer Research Early Career Investigator Travel Fellowships for the upcoming conference Nanotechnologies in Cancer Diagnosis, Therapy and Prevention on June 11–13, 2013 in Moscow, Russia.Application deadline: April 24, 2013.
- Advancing Big Data Science in Genomics Research: Call for Proposals. LOI Application deadline: May 1, 2013.
ICR and IG partnered on the APBC Travel Award for The Eleventh Asia Pacific Bioinformatics Conference on January 21-13, 2013 in Vancouver, BC.