Checklist for the Replacement, Addition, Removal and/or Promotion of Principal Applicants and Co-Applicants from or on Existing Grants
1. Assemble the required package in the order listed below.
2. Submit the required package by mail to CIHR.
To Replace, Add, Remove and/or Promote the Nominated Principal Applicant, Principal Applicants and Co‑Applicants on Existing Grants, the current Nominated Principal Applicant must submit the following documentation:
- A letter bearing their original or copied signature, stating:
- the change requested;
- a description of the circumstances that have initiated the need for the request;
- the impact the change will have on the research objectives;
- the name of the Nominated Principal Applicant, Principal Applicants and Co‑Applicants to be replaced or removed;
- the rationale for the replacement, promotion, addition or removal;
- the proposed number of hours per week the new Principal Applicants and new Co‑Applicants will spend on the project;
- the anticipated start date of the new Principal Applicants and new Co‑Applicants.
- If the Nominated Principal Applicant is seriously ill or has passed away, a Principal Applicant, Co‑Applicant or the appropriate authorized official at the Institution Paid may prepare and sign this letter;
- When replacing the Nominated Principal Applicant, the replacement is normally chosen from among the existing Principal Applicants and Co‑Applicants as these sets of expertise have been reviewed by the peer review committee and contributed to the recommendation to fund this research. The individual submitting the request must explain why they are seeking to replace the Nominated Principal Applicant.
3. A completed and signed Request to Replace, Add or Remove Applicants on Existing Grants.
- For the required signatures on the Request to Replace, Add, Remove or Promote Individuals on Existing Grants, consult the Required Signatures on the Request to Replace, Add, Remove or Promote Individuals on Existing Grants on Existing Grants subsection of the CIHR Grants and Awards Guide
4. A submitted "Academic CV" as required in the original funding opportunity. For each new Principal Applicant and new Co‑Applicant, the CV must demonstrate that they meet the individual eligibility requirements as outlined in the original funding opportunity.