Celebrating the impact of health research: success stories in musculoskeletal rehabilitation – long description
Figure 1: Schematic of knowledge translation partnership for the development of a firefighter physical demands analysis
The schematic is composed of an internal sequence of activities and an outside cycle that reflect the development of a firefighter physical demands analysis.
The firefighter physical demands analysis was the first project undertaken by researchers and occupational stakeholders and was critical in developing a collaborative-based research partnership which is reflected in the internal and external sequence of activities.
- Internal sequence of activities: demonstrates the steps of the knowledge creation and development of a collaborative-based research partnership
- Identified partnership with stakeholders (firefighters, union, researchers)
- Partnership in Health System Improvement (PHSI) grant for fire-well (waiting)
- A qualitative study was conducted while waiting for funding notice maintaining employer engagement in research activities
- PHSI grant for fire-well: Successful
- Phase 1 of fire-well completed
- Action cycle: around the outside
- Tailoring interventions to context
- Assessing barriers to using knowledge
- Contextualizing knowledge to firefighter’s context
- Date modified: