Global action against dementia
About the event
Ignited by the discussions held at the G8 Summit on Dementia, this second legacy event hosted by Canada and France will explore how to take advantage of the synergies between industry and academia. It aims to foster the development of new approaches for addressing the challenges of dementia.
The event will take place in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada on September 11 and 12, 2014. (1.5 day meeting)
The goals of the legacy event are to:
- Explore collaborative opportunities for research into novel diagnostic, pre-emptive and therapeutic approaches to dementia, as well as into new models of care, by bringing together academia and industry;
- Provide a better understanding of the impact of the paradigm shift in pharmaceutical research on the development of new drugs against dementia and find appropriate incentives to engage the medical device and IT industries in this field;
- Foster a collective approach to problem solving through the pooling of resources and the sharing of cohorts, data and best practices.
- Setting the stage for optimizing synergies in dementia research
- Empowering the biotechnology sector
- How to capitalize on the paradigm shift of the pharmaceutical industry in the era of stratified medicine?
- The role of the medical devices and IT industries
- Towards solutions to enhance the joint contribution of academia and industry
- Wrap-up and next steps: towards the development of an Action Framework
Invitations will be extended to approximately 180 participants from the G7 and other countries. They will be invited on the basis of their ability to provide concrete approaches and support to address the goals identified.
The public is invited to watch the event live through streaming video.
About the organizers
The event is being co-hosted by the French National Alliance for Life Sciences and Health (AVIESAN) in France and the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) in Canada.
- Date modified: