Institute Community Support (ICS) Program 2013-14The ICS Program is designed to foster community development by providing grants and awards to individuals and organizations for the purposes of:
- Aiding research and knowledge translation activities where the circumstances fall outside of CIHR's current suite of funding programs.
- Supporting individuals and organizations whose goals are consistent with CIHR and its Institutes' vision, mandate and strategic directions.
The ICS Program is not intended to support the direct cost of research (e.g., pilot projects, feasibility studies or operating grants), principal investigator and co-investigator salaries, or research equipment.
Institute of Genetics (IG) ICS Program
In exceptional cases, IG will consider requests that are aligned with its mandate and that fall within the general objectives of the ICS program, as described above. Applicants seeking funds from IG for community support activities need to follow the ICS program application process which is available on the ICS Program funding opportunity page.
In addition, IG has developed four funding programs under the framework of the ICS Program:
- Computational Biology Undergraduate Summer Student Health Research Award
- Lap-Chee Tsui Publication Award
- Maud Menten New Principal Investigator Prize
- Summer Program in Taiwan
For those seeking workshop and symposium support, please refer to the Planning and Dissemination Grants funding opportunity in the CIHR Funding Opportunities Database.
- Date modified: