eHealth Innovations Partnership Program
eHIPP will facilitate experimental "real-world" large scale implementations, focusing on the integration of existing innovations to create value (effectiveness, efficiency, cost-savings). The initiative will achieve this by developing inter-sectoral collaboration between:
- health care innovation communities
- decision makers from a variety of traditional and primary health care settings
The expectation is for collaborative teams (health care innovation community + industry) to focus on the needs of one of the target populations:
- Early detection of and intervention for youth (11-25 years of age) with mental health conditions.
- Seniors with complex care needs in their homes and communities.
- Identify patient-oriented eHealth solutions that will improve health outcomes, patient experience, and lower the cost of care along the continuum for the eHIPP priority areas.
- Foster partnerships between health care innovation communities and industry to co-develop and evaluate the clinical benefit and cost-effectiveness of eHealth solutions in clinical- and population health-environments. These evaluations will take the form of cluster randomized, and/or randomized controlled trials (level 1 evidence) in order to assist in the subsequent commercialization of successful innovations.
eHIPP will fund grants from $500,000 up to $1.5 million over four years. Half of this funding will come from industry and/or industry support organizations, economic development agencies and other health funding agencies.
Funding Continuum of the Innovation Pipeline
Technology Readiness Levels
|Major steps||Key points||Timeframe/Deadline|
|Webinars||Informative sessions for applicants and industry.||September 2014 – March 2015|
|Partnership Workshops||Regional Workshops will be held to link potential health care innovation communities together with health technology industries||October 2014 – March 2015|
|Registration||April 1, 2015|
|Full Applications||Submit full team (health care innovation community + industry) application||June 3, 2015|
- Date modified: