Pre-Announcement: Personalized Health – Catalyst Grants
The purpose of this funding opportunity is to support researchers to maximize and leverage previous collaborative investments in personalized medicine, e-health and data platforms by driving evidence-based implementation of personalized health solutions that can contribute to more cost-effective and sustainable health care. Additionally, through a partnership with Mitacs, additional funding and training for graduate students and post-doctoral fellows in Personalized Health projects will be supported by this funding opportunity.
The specific objectives of this Funding Opportunity are to:
- Optimize patient empowerment in personalized health care approaches;
- Develop data integration and analysis tools that will optimize personalized health interventions;
- Assess the value of personalized health care for effective implementation and delivery.
- Increase researcher awareness about the importance of integrating sex- and gender-based analysis in assessing relative costs and benefits.
This Funding Opportunity will support projects relevant to the following three identified priority areas:
- Development of novel e-health apps in the field of personalized medicine in partnership with a health information technology vendor for end-users to improve patient empowerment and facilitate shared decision-making.
- The development of predictive analytic models that can stratify patients by expected outcome and risk; and
- Identification of sex-drug-gene relationships associated with potential harm and benefit.
The total amount available for this Funding Opportunity is $8,815,000 enough to fund approximately 41 grants and up to 41 internships. This amount may increase if additional funding partners participate. The maximum amount per grant is $100,000 per year for over a period of up to 2 years. Mitacs and CIHR are partnering together to provide additional funding and training for graduate students and post-doctoral fellows in personalized health projects.
This funding opportunity will consist of a registration and an application phase. The launch is anticipated for December 2016, the registration deadline is anticipated for February 2017, and the application deadline is anticipated for June 2017. A webinar to provide application details and additional information is anticipated for early 2017.
For more information please contact:
613-954-1968 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date modified: