Upcoming funding opportunity: SPOR Innovative Clinical Trial Multi-Year Grants
Funding Opportunity Launch: Summer 2019
Letter of Intent Deadline: August 28, 2019
Full Application Deadline: November 12, 2019
Anticipated Funding Start Date: April 1, 2020
In summer 2019, the Canadian Institutes of Health Research, through the Strategy for Patient-Oriented Research (SPOR), will launch the SPOR Innovative Clinical Trial Multi-Year Grant funding opportunity. The SPOR innovative Clinical Trials (iCT) Initiative contributes to increasing Canadian competitiveness in iCT research and provides a stimulus for trialists to adopt new methodologies, enhance patient and clinician engagement in research, and build capacity and increase the intensity of iCT research.
iCTs use non-traditional designs that are alternatives to traditional Randomized Controlled Trials (RCTs), with applications in areas ranging from product development to health system improvement. iCT methods reduce the cost of conducting trials, reduce the amount of time needed to answer research questions, and increase the relevance of research findings to patients, health care providers and/or policy makers. Adopting these alternative designs can maximize the use of existing knowledge and data.
SPOR iCTs need to have a primary focus in the research areas of:
- Comparative effectiveness research; and/or
- Implementation science research.
The specific objectives of this funding opportunity are to:
- Enable investigators to undertake iCTs by supporting the development and testing of innovative methodologies and design, integrated with the principles of SPOR; and
- Build capacity for iCT research through training and mentoring.
- The total amount available from CIHR for this funding opportunity is $21,000,000, enough to fund approximately seven (7) grants.
- The maximum amount per grant is up to $750,000/year from CIHR for up to four years, for a total of $3,000,000.
Please note that CIHR is in the process of scheduling a webinar.
- Monday, July 22 – 2:00-3:00pm (English)
- Tuesday, July 23 – 2:00-3:00pm (French)
To access the webinar, please visit our website.
Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Date modified: