Funding Health ResearchThe Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) is the major federal agency responsible for funding health research in Canada. This section will be of interest to researchers, research coordinators and others who seek research funding or manage CIHR research grants. It contains all of CIHR's funding related information, including:
- the latest funding related news and developments;
- a list of all current and archived funding opportunities, including additional sources of funding from external organizations;
- information on how to apply for funding;
- access to CIHR's Funding Policy, which includes CIHR's Grants and Awards Guide;
- information on how CIHR manages its grant and award peer review process;
- a list of recent and archived funding decision results;
- access to various funding related databases; and,
- information regarding ResearchNet, a CIHR led innovative web portal that will provide a virtual meeting place for the research community.
Information on CIHR's corporate financial activities can be found under Financial Overview.