CIHR-IHDCYH New Investigator/Trainee Workshop
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
In conjunction with the Canadian National Perinatal Research Meeting (CNPRM), CIHR’s Institute of Human Development, Child and Youth Health (IHDCYH) will be hosting a one-day workshop for new investigators and postdoctoral fellows from Canadian universities, hospitals, and research institutes. Masters and PhD students are also welcome to register; however, priority will be given to those embarking on an investigator career.
The focus of the workshop is career development. It will feature sessions on grant writing, publishing, running a lab or a research team and developing a research program, with mentoring provided by senior researchers.
Attendees are requested to register with IHDCYH, as attendance will be restricted due to space limitations. IHDCYH will cover one night accommodation on a first come, first served basis.
Rhiannon Renaud, Project Officer – IHDCYH-IDSEA@cihr-irsc.gc.ca
- October 24, 2013: CIHR Café Scientifique: Don’t push me around! Limiting the causes and consequences of bullying (Toronto, ON)
- October 25, 2013: Health Talks: Securing the future: Innovative research in reproductive, child and youth health (Toronto, ON)
- October 30, 2013: CIHR-IHDCYH New Investigator Workshop (Vancouver, BC)
- October 31, 2013: IHDCYH IAB Open Session & Reception (Vancouver, BC)
- April 17, 2013: CIHR-IHDCYH New Investigator Workshop (Toronto, ON)
- September 6, 2012: 4th CFAS-CIHR-IHDCYH 'New Investigator Workshop: Progressing as a Scientist', for new investigators and trainees in reproductive health (Ottawa, ON)
- July 8-13, 2012: 8th Summer Institute in Maternal-Fetal & Pediatric Pharmacology (Toronto, ON)
- July 22-27, 2012: 8th Summer Institute in Reproductive and Perinatal Epidemiology (Philadelphia, PA)