Project Grant live pilots
The Project Grant is designed to capture ideas with the greatest potential to advance health-related knowledge, health research, health care, health systems, and/or health outcomes. It supports projects with a specific purpose and a defined endpoint. The best ideas may stem from new, incremental, innovative, and/or high-risk lines of inquiry or knowledge translation approaches.
The supporting materials listed below have been developed to assist applicants, peer reviewers and research administrators in understanding the Project Grant. In addition, a complete list of Questions and Answers is available.
- June 24, 2016 – Project Grant peer review process: End of Stage 1
- June 21, 2016 – The next Project Grant competition is expected to be launched on June 30. Applicants will have until August 23 to register, and September 20 to apply. View timeline.
- June 20, 2016 – Update on Project Grant peer review process
- April 14, 2016 – Open letter from Alain Beaudet, President of CIHR, to Canada’s health researchers
- March 7, 2016 – Update on 2016 Project Grant competition
- February 10, 2016 – In follow up to our message of January 8, 2016, CIHR will not be implementing any restrictions on the number of applications submitted to the 2016 1st Live Pilot Project Grant competition.
- January 14 – The full Project Grant application will be available once registration has closed.
- January 8, 2016 – Submissions to the 2016 1st Live Pilot Project Grant competition
- December 21, 2015 – Application instructions and peer review manual for the 2016 Project Grant 1st live pilot are now available.
- December 9, 2015 – Project Grant : Summary of Research Proposal
- December 8, 2015 – 2016 Project "Live Pilot" Application: Question and Answer Webinars
Full applications are due Tuesday, March 1, 2016 by 8pm EST.
- CIHR Project Biosketch CV – quick reference guide
- Project Scheme Co-Applicant CV – quick reference guide
- Questions and answers on the CV requirements for the Project Scheme
- Project Scheme - Application Instructions (new)
- Questions and answers on the Project Scheme application process
- Peer Review Manual – Project Scheme (new)
- Questions and answers on the Project Scheme adjudication process
- Interactive Learning Lessons
- Date modified: