Five year strategic plan: Roadmap
Since 2000, CIHR has energized the health research community, inspired new collaborations across disciplinary and geographic boundaries, and engendered new partnerships between those who conduct research and those who implement its findings.
CIHR now presents its second Strategic Plan. This Strategic Plan – Health Research Roadmap: Creating innovative research for better health and health care – is the product of widespread consultations with members of the health research community, careful assessment of CIHR's strengths and weaknesses, ongoing deliberation about where CIHR would like to be in five years, and a sober assessment of the resources available to get us there. Our Health Research Roadmap sets out a vision to secure Canada's place on the world stage of health research for years to come.
It sets out four strategic directions that will help to achieve CIHR's goals. These strategic directions will enable CIHR to carry out its full mandate in all its complexity, show leadership within the wider health research community, and demonstrate accountability and results to the people of Canada.
I would like to thank all of those who contributed to the development of our Health Research Roadmap and I look forward to working with all members of Canada's health research community in its implementation.
Alain Beaudet, MD, PhD
- CIHR Three-Year Implementation Plan and Progress Report 2013–15
- 2009/10 – 2013/14: Health Research Roadmap: Creating innovative research for better health and health care
- National Consultation Summary Report
- Archived - CIHR Three-Year Implementation Plan and Progress Report 2012–15
- Archived - CIHR Three-Year Implementation Plan and Progress Report 2011–14
- Archived - CIHR Three-Year Implementation Plan and Progress Report 2010–13
On October 22, 2009, the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) publicly launched its new strategic plan at an event held at the Ottawa Hospital Research Institute (OHRI). The result of extensive consultations with Canada's research community, the Health Research Roadmap sets out a long-term vision for health research in Canada.