PHIRIC working group activities: peer review criteria
Intervention description and contextual factors
- To what extent has the population health intervention been adequately described?
- To what extent does the proposal assess contextual factors (e.g., social political, physical, cultural) thought to affect the population health intervention?
- To what extent will the implementation of the intervention be monitored by researchers, including variation and adaptation?
Research sample and design
- To what extent have researchers considered possible contingencies and/or alternative research approaches in case the intervention is not implemented as planned?
- To what extent has the study population(s) and setting(s) been examined and described in detail?
- To what extent will the selected research design be appropriate for making inferences at the population-level?
(only apply to outcome-oriented research)
- To what extent are possible subgroup effects of the population health intervention being considered?
- To what extent are the outcomes being measured consistent with intervention objectives?
- To what extent are rival explanations for possible outcomes of the intervention going to be considered and taken into account (plausibility)?
- To what extent will the team assess factors affecting the potential sustainability (i.e., continuation) of the intervention and/or its outcomes beyond the timeframe of the proposed study, if applicable?
- To what extent will the research be able to capture health-related or non-health-related outcomes beyond the intended intervention outcomes?
- To what extent does the team plan to engage with end users of population health intervention research (PHIR) (e.g., decision-makers; community organizations)?
Researcher / research team
- To what extent does the applicant(s) have relevant PHIR specific expertise and experience?
- To what extent does the research team demonstrate a commitment to interdisciplinary approaches to PHIR (e.g., collaboration of experts from a broad range of research disciplines and sectors)?
- Date modified: