Institute Community Support (ICS) Program 2016-17
The ICS Program is designed to foster community development by providing grants and awards to individuals and organizations for the purposes of:
- Aiding research and knowledge translation activities where the circumstances fall outside of CIHR's current suite of funding programs.
- Supporting individuals and organizations, whose goals are consistent with CIHR and its Institutes' vision, mandate and strategic directions.
The ICS Program is not intended to support the direct cost of research (e.g., pilot projects, feasibility studies or operating grants), principal and co-investigator salaries or research equipment.
Institute of Circulatory and Respiratory Health (ICRH) ICS Program
ICRH's contribution to the amount available for this program is subject to availability of funds voted annually to CIHR by parliamentary appropriations, and the conditions that may be attached to them.
The total amount available for the ICS program for fiscal year 2016-2017 is no less than $100,000. Under the framework of the ICS Program, ICRH supports the funding opportunities and other similar invited activities that:
- fall within the general objectives of this funding program;
- align with ICRH's mandate and strategic priorities; or
- increase the capacity of the Canadian health research community to lead and collaborate on cutting-edge circulatory and respiratory health research and knowledge translation, both nationally and internationally.
Under the framework of the ICS Program, ICRH supports the following awards programs and similar activities in development:
- Travel Awards
Please note that ICRH Travel Awards are administered through the "Other: Travel Awards - Institute Community Support" Funding Opportunity on ResearchNet.
- Canadian Sleep Society (CSS)/Institute of Circulatory and Respiratory Health (ICRH) Travel Awards
Please note that the Canadian Sleep Society (CSS)/Institute of Circulatory and Respiratory Health (ICRH) Travel Awards will also be administered through the "Other: Travel Awards - Institute Community Support" Funding Opportunity on ResearchNet.
- Planning and Dissemination Grants
Please note that the ICRH Planning Grants are administered through the "Other: Planning and Dissemination Grants – Institute Community Support" Funding Opportunity on ResearchNet.
Throughout the year, and as resources permit, ICHR may make funding available for other events (e.g. meetings) which are closely aligned with its mandate, strategic direction, and objectives for fiscal year 2016-17.
Please visit the CIHR Funding Opportunities Database in June 2017 for details (e.g. application deadline, application instructions) on these funding opportunities.
Review Process and Evaluation Criteria
Final decisions to fund applications rest with the Institute's Scientific Director. Applications will be assessed according to criteria listed in the individual award webpages as listed in the How to Apply section.
- Date modified: