Foundation Grant live pilots
The launch of the Foundation Grant "live pilots" is the first major step in the implementation of the CIHR Reforms of the Open Suite of Programs and peer review process.
The Foundation Grant is designed to contribute to a sustainable foundation of new, mid-career, and established health research leaders, by providing long-term support for the pursuit of innovative, high-impact research programs.
Researchers are invited to familiarize themselves with the suite of supporting materials available for applicants, research administrators and peer reviewers on the Foundation Grant "live pilots". A series of Questions and answers are also available.
- May 20, 2016 – Letter from Alain Beaudet, President of CIHR, on the release of the Foundation Grant pilot competition report
- April 14, 2016 – Open letter from Alain Beaudet, President of CIHR, to Canada’s health researchers
- December 11, 2015 – Updated application instructions and peer review materials for Stage 2 of the 2015 Foundation live pilot are now available.
- December 3, 2015 – Update on Stage 2 of the 2015 Foundation live pilot competition
- December 2, 2015 – Summary of the results of the Stage 1 review process for the second Foundation Scheme Pilot
- December 1, 2015 – The stage 1 review of the 2015 Foundation Grant competition is now complete. CIHR is currently validating all the notices. The results will be available to applicants within the next 48 hours.
- September 4, 2015 – Update on the 2015 Foundation live pilot competition
- July 15, 2015 – Message from Dr. Alain Beaudet, CIHR President: Results of the inaugural Foundation Grants competition and Transitional OOGP competition
- 2015 Foundation Scheme “Live Pilot” Funding Opportunity
- 2014 Foundation Scheme "Live Pilot" Funding Opportunity
Eligibility and Roles
- Questions and Answers on the Foundation CV
- Foundation Registration CV - Quick Reference Guide
- Foundation CV – Quick Reference Guide
Stage 1 Application and Results
- Questions and Answers on the Foundation Scheme "Live Pilot" Stage 1 Decisions
- Foundation Scheme – Stage 1 Application Instructions
- Interactive Lesson on the Stage 1 Application for the Foundation Scheme
Stage 2 Application
- Peer Review Manual: Foundation Scheme
- Interpretation Guidelines: Foundation Scheme Adjudication Criteria
- Interactive Learning Lessons
- Date modified: