Facilitated Online Sessions - Webinars
CIHR holds several webinars that allow us to share information, exchange ideas and discuss issues of importance with our stakeholders.
Fall 2016 Project Grant Reviewer Webinars
The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) is holding a series of webinars on the Project Grant – Fall 2016 peer review process.
In advance of the webinar, participants are invited to consult the Project Grant Program web page, which includes updated supporting material and resources to support peer reviewers:
French and English reviewer webinars will be held from January 31 to February 10, 2017, as per the dates listed below. Please note that CIHR will be conducting the webinars using the WebEx web conferencing platform and that pre-registration is required. To register, click the link of the online session below that you wish to attend. Upon registering, you will receive a confirmation email that includes the information required to join the webinar, such as the session's direct link and password.
- Tuesday, January 31 from 11:00-12:00 EST (French)
- Tuesday, January 31 from 13:30-14:30 EST (English)
- Wednesday, February 1 from 11:00-12:00 EST (English)
- Wednesday, February 1 from 13:30-14:30 EST (French)
- Thursday, February 2 from 13:00-14:00 EST (English)
- Friday, February 3 from 13:00-14:00 EST (French)
- Wednesday, February 8 from 13:00-14:00 EST (English)
- Thursday, February 9 from 13:00-14:00 EST (French)
- Friday, February 10 from 13:00-14:00 EST (English)
In advance of the webinar, please ensure that:
- You have access to a computer with speakers in order to hear the presenters. A chat application will be made available to all attendees during the session, allowing you to provide written input and/or ask questions.
- Java is installed on your computer, as this software is required to run WebEx.
- You have reviewed the updated supporting materials listed above.
Use the Cisco WebEx web site to test your computer for the minimum requirements (browser) in advance of the webinar.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Project team: CIHRProjectScheme-IRSCVoletProjet@cihr-irsc.gc.ca.
You will be redirected to the WebEx website in order to register or view all webinars.
- “Ask Me Anything” webinar with Dr. Jeff Latimer, Associate Vice-President, Program Operations
- Art of Writing a CIHR Application
“Ask Me Anything” webinar with Dr. Jeff Latimer, Associate Vice-President, Program Operations
The first stage of the review process for the Project Grant: Fall 2016 competition is now underway. As this is a new process, Dr. Latimer invited the research community to join a live discussion on Friday, January 27th, 2017. The full hour was dedicated to answering questions and the session was a great success! Thank you all for joining the conversation.
A recording of the session is available for those of you who were unable to attend.
Note: Participants were invited to ask questions in English or French, and the answers were provided in the preferred language.
Questions and Answers
What do I need to attend a webinar?
To access the webinar, you will need:
- A computer with an internet connection
- An audio connection (either through your phone or computer)
How do I register?
To register or find out more information about a webinar, click one of the links above. Once you have registered for a webinar, you will receive an email providing you with the session details (including a link to the webinar and the session password).
How do I attend the webinar?
To join the webinar:
- Go to the webinar page provided in your registration email.
- Enter your name and email address.
- Enter the session password provided in your registration email.
- Click Join Now.
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
- Date modified: