Facilitated Online Sessions - Webinars
CIHR holds several short, web-based, facilitated online sessions (also called “webinars”), which include seminars, presentations, lectures, workshops and conferences that are transmitted over the web. These webinars are free and allow us to exchange ideas and discuss issues of importance with our stakeholders.
2014 Foundation Scheme Pilot Stage 1 Application
CIHR is holding a series of webinars on the 2014 Foundation “live pilot” competition Stage 1 application in July, August and September. These webinars are intended to serve as a tool to help instruct applicants and research administrators on how to complete a Stage 1 application, focusing on the content that should be included in each section of the application.
French and English webinars for applicants and research administrators will be available as per the dates listed below. Click on the date you wish to register for. Please note that upon registering, you will receive an email confirming your registration which will include all relevant session information required to join the webinar (i.e. direct link to the session and session password).
- Wednesday, July 16 from 1:30-3:00 p.m. EDT (English)
- Thursday, July 17 from 1:30-3:00 p.m. EDT (French)
- Tuesday, August 19 from 1:30-3:00 p.m. EDT (English)
- Tuesday, August 22 from 1:30-3:00 p.m. EDT (French)
- Wednesday, September 10 from 1:30-3:00 p.m. EDT (English)
- Friday, September 12 from 1:30-3:00 p.m. EDT (French)
- Friday, July 11 from 1:30-3:00 p.m. EDT (English)
- Monday, July 14 from 1:30-3:00 p.m. EDT (French)
- Tuesday, August 5 from 1:30-3:00 p.m. EDT (English)
- Friday, August 8 from 1:30-3:00 p.m. EDT (French)
- Tuesday, September 2 from 1:30-3:00 p.m. EDT (English)
- Friday, September 5 from 1:30-3:00 p.m. EDT (French)
In advance of the webinar, please ensure that:
You have access to a computer with speakers (required) and a microphone (optional). It is essential that you have access to speakers in order to hear the presenters. While the microphone would allow you to provide verbal input or ask verbal questions, a chat application will also be made available to all attendees during the conference.
Java is installed on your computer, as this software is required to run WebEx.
Your computer has the minimum requirements (browser).
Finally, you may wish to consult the Stage 1 Application Requirements document in advance of the webinar so that you can ask for clarification on any questions you may have about the Stage 1 application.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Roadmap: Roadmap-Plan.Strategique@irsc-cihr.gc.ca
You will be redirected to the WebEx website in order to register or view all webinars.
What do I need to attend a webinar?
To access the webinar, you will need:
- A computer with an internet connection
- An audio connection (either through your phone or computer)
How do I register?
To register or find out more information about a webinar, click one of the links above. Once you have registered for a webinar, you will receive an email providing you with the session details (including a link to the webinar and the session password).
How do I attend the webinar?
To join the webinar:
- Go to the webinar page provided in your registration email.
- Enter your name and email address.
- Enter the session password provided in your registration email.
- Click Join Now.
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.