Facilitated Online Sessions - Webinars
CIHR holds several short, web-based, facilitated online sessions (also called "webinars"), which include seminars, presentations, lectures, workshops and conferences that are transmitted over the web. These webinars are free and allow us to exchange ideas and discuss issues of importance with our stakeholders.
Transitional OOGP Biosketch Webinars
CIHR is holding a series of webinars to provide support to applicants and research administrators on the Transitional OOGP Biosketch and provide an opportunity to ask questions.
French and English webinars will be available from December 2014-February 2015 on the dates listed below. Click the link beside the online session you wish to register for. Please note that upon registering, you will receive an email confirming your registration which will include all relevant session information required to join the webinar (i.e. direct link to the session and session password).
- Monday, December 8th from 1:00-2:00pm EDT (English)
- Friday, December 12th from 1:00-2:00pm EDT (French)
- Wednesday, December 15th from 1:00-2:00pm EDT (English)
- Friday, December 19th from 1:00-2:00pm EDT (French)
- Tuesday, January 6th from 1:00-2:00pm EDT (English)
- Monday, January 12th from 1:00-2:00pm EDT (French)
- Tuesday, February 3rd from 1:00-2:00pm EDT (English)
- Friday, February 13th from 1:00-2:00pm EDT (English)
In advance of the webinar, please ensure that:
- You have access to a computer with speakers (Required) and a microphone (Optional). It is essential that you have access to speakers in order to hear the presenters. While the microphone would allow you to provide verbal input or ask verbal questions, a chat application will also be made available to all attendees during the conference.
- Java is installed on your computer, as this software is required to run WebEx.
Test your computer for the minimum requirements (browser) in advance of the webinar.
If you experience technical difficulties with the WebEx technology, please view this short tutorial that has been developed to help you troubleshoot issues you may have encountered.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be redirected to the WebEx website in order to register or view all webinars.
What do I need to attend a webinar?
To access the webinar, you will need:
- A computer with an internet connection
- An audio connection (either through your phone or computer)
How do I register?
To register or find out more information about a webinar, click one of the links above. Once you have registered for a webinar, you will receive an email providing you with the session details (including a link to the webinar and the session password).
How do I attend the webinar?
To join the webinar:
- Go to the webinar page provided in your registration email.
- Enter your name and email address.
- Enter the session password provided in your registration email.
- Click Join Now.
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.