Facilitated Online Sessions - Webinars
CIHR holds several short, web-based, facilitated online sessions (also called "webinars"), which include seminars, presentations, lectures, workshops and conferences that are transmitted over the web. These webinars are free and allow us to exchange ideas and discuss issues of importance with our stakeholders.
2016 Project “Live Pilot” Application
CIHR is holding a series of Questions & Answers webinars on the Project Scheme: 2016 1st Live Pilot application process starting mid-January 2016. These webinars are intended for both applicants and research administrators and afford participants the opportunity to pose any outstanding questions they may have about the application process.
In advance of the webinar, participants are invited to consult the following Project Grant Application supporting materials:
- Project Scheme: 2016 1st Live Pilot Funding Opportunity
- Project Scheme Application Instructions
- Project Biosketch – Quick Reference Guide
- Project Scheme Co-Applicant CV – Quick Reference Guide
- Project Scheme Peer Review Manual
Applicants may also consult the following web pages:
Applicants are responsible for consulting all relevant materials in order to ensure that they have the information they need to successfully complete their application.
French and English Questions and Answers webinars will be available as per the dates listed below. To register, click the link of the online session you wish to register for. Please note that upon registering, you will receive an email confirming your registration which will include all information required to join the webinar, including a direct link to the session and session password.
- Thursday, January 21 from 12:00-1:00pm EST (English)
- Friday, January 22 from 12:00-1:00pm EST (English)
- Tuesday, January 26 from 12:00-1:00pm EST (English)
- Thursday, January 28 from 12:00–1:00pm EST (French)
- Friday, January 29 from 12:00-1:00pm EST (English)
- Monday, February 1 from 1:30-2:30pm EST (English)
- Wednesday, February 3 from 12:00-1:00pm EST (French)
- Friday, February 5 from 12:00-1:00pm EST (English)
In advance of the webinar, please ensure that:
- You have access to a computer with speakers. It is essential that you have access to speakers in order to hear the presenters. A chat application will be made available to all attendees during the session, allowing you to provide written input and/or questions.
- Java is installed on your computer, as this software is required to run WebEx.
- You have reviewed the information in the supporting materials listed above.
Use the Cisco WebEx web site to test your computer for the minimum requirements (browser) in advance of the webinar.
If you experience technical difficulties with the WebEx technology, please view this short tutorial on You Tube that has been developed to help you troubleshoot issues you may have encountered.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the Contact Centre team: Support@cihr-irsc.gc.ca.
You will be redirected to the WebEx website in order to register or view all webinars.
Questions and Answers
What do I need to attend a webinar?
To access the webinar, you will need:
- A computer with an internet connection
- An audio connection (either through your phone or computer)
How do I register?
To register or find out more information about a webinar, click one of the links above. Once you have registered for a webinar, you will receive an email providing you with the session details (including a link to the webinar and the session password).
How do I attend the webinar?
To join the webinar:
- Go to the webinar page provided in your registration email.
- Enter your name and email address.
- Enter the session password provided in your registration email.
- Click Join Now.
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
- Date modified: