IHSPR Knowledge translation
Knowledge translation (KT) is vital to the work of IHSPR. We are committed to supporting researchers who engage in knowledge translation best practices and the development of new approaches, methods and tools to facilitate effective research uptake among the research community, health care professionals, policy makers and the general public.
We work with key partners to generate and enhance strategic and long-term interactions between researchers and knowledge users, in the ongoing development of health services and policy KT activities.
Our strategic research initiatives emphasize the importance of knowledge translation to inform the decision making of health care professionals, managers and policy makers. In addition, IHSPR has funded and partnered on a number of integrated and end of grant KT programs.
KT awards and funding opportunities
- IHSPR Rising Star Award
- IHSPR Article of the Year Award
- IHSPR Barer-Flood Award
- CAHSPR Student Poster Prize
- CIHR KT Awards
- Partnerships for Health System Improvement (PHSI)
- Science-Policy Fellowships
- Community-Based Primary Health Care Strategic Initiative
- Pan-Canadian SPOR Network in Primary and Integrated Health Care Innovations
- Evidence-Informed Healthcare Renewal
- CADRE Program
- Expedited Knowledge Syntheses
Tools and resources
End-of-grant KT Activities
- Best Brains Exchanges
- IHSPR Policy Rounds (webinars)
- Evidence-Informed Healthcare Renewal (EIHR) Portal
- Healthcare Policy Journal
IHSPR-funded research and researchers are well recognized in the Canadian health care landscape. Innovative KT vehicles like The Evidence Network and Healthy Debate, aimed at increasing evidence-based health care reporting, promote dialogue and sharing of perspectives around health care issues.
- Date modified: