CIHR New Investigator Grants in Maternal, Reproductive, Child and Youth Health
IHDCYH in collaboration with the Institute of Aboriginal Peoples’ Health (IAPH); Institute of Cancer Research (ICR); Institute of Circulatory and Respiratory Health (ICRH); Institute of Musculoskeletal Health and Arthritis (IMHA); Institute of Neurosciences, Mental Health and Addictions (INMHA); and Institute of Nutrition, Metabolism and Diabetes (INMD) is pleased to announce the launch of the CIHR New Investigator Grants in Maternal, Reproductive, Child and Youth Health funding opportunity.
Registration deadline: April 18, 2017
Application deadline: May 23, 2017
Anticipated notice of decision: September 29, 2017
Funding start date: October 1, 2017
The program will fund research across the four CIHR pillars that has the potential to have a significant impact on maternal, reproductive, child and youth health outcomes according to the relevant research areas identified by the participating CIHR institutes. Ultimately, the program aims to strengthen Canada’s capacity and knowledge to respond to challenges and needs by providing important early career development support to researchers in these fields.
Applicants must be within 5 years of their first academic or independent research appointment and have at least 50% protected time for research. If applying to the IAPH funding pool (see below), applicants must self-identify as Indigenous to Canada (i.e. First Nations, Inuit or Métis).
All applications in the area of maternal, reproductive, child and youth health research as per IHDCYH’s mandate will be eligible for support. In addition, funding is available to support projects that are determined to be relevant to the following specific research areas:
- IAPH: Maternal, reproductive, child and/or youth health research relevant to the institute’s mandate.
- ICR: Research in maternal, reproductive, childhood and/or adolescent cancers.
- ICRH: Maternal, reproductive, child and/or youth health research relevant to the institute’s mandate, including but not limited to the areas of sleep, paediatric ICU care, asthma, cardiometabolic syndrome and hypertension.
- IMHA: Maternal, reproductive, child and/or youth health research in arthritis, bone, muscle, musculoskeletal rehabilitation, oral health and skin relevant to the institute’s mandate.
- INMHA: Pre and post-partum maternal mental health.
- INMD: Maternal, reproductive, child and/or youth health research relevant to the institute’s mandate.
The total amount available from CIHR for this funding opportunity is $1,800,000, enough to fund up to 24 grants.
- The maximum amount per grant from CIHR is $25,000 per year for up to 3 years for a total of $75,000.
- The CIHR contribution must be matched at a minimum of 1:2 by the successful applicant’s host institution or other partner for a total of $150,000 over 3 years.
- Matching funds must be 100% cash contributions; cash equivalent matching contributions are not eligible.
For more information about eligibility and how to apply, please visit ResearchNet.
- Date modified: