Institute Community Support (ICS) Program (2013-14)
Under the framework of the ICS Program, CIHR-HDCYH funding will be distributed among the following opportunities:
- Travel awards for students and postdoctoral fellows
- Skills update travel awards for postdoctoral fellows and investigators
- Travel awards for Summer Institute in Maternal-Fetal and Pediatric Pharmacology
CIHR-IHDCYH ICS Program
The ICS Program is designed to foster community development by providing grants and awards to individuals and organizations for the purposes of:
- Aiding research and knowledge translation activities where the circumstances fall outside CIHR's current suite of funding programs; and
- Supporting individuals and organizations and activities whose goals are consistent with and CIHR and its Institute's vision, mandate, and strategic directions.
The ICS Program is not intended to support the direct cost of research (e.g., pilot projects, feasibility studies or operating grants), principal and co-investigator salaries or research equipment. Furthermore, for those seeking meeting, workshop or symposium support, please refer to the planning grant or dissemination grants funding opportunities in the CIHR Funding Opportunities Database.
IHDCYH Travel Awards for Trainees
IHDCYH will provide travel awards for research trainees (graduate students and postdoctoral fellows) to present their own research at annual, or other regular interval meetings including international conference related to the Institute's mandate.
The maximum amount for a single award is $1,000 to partially cover costs of travel, accommodation, perdiem for meals, and conference registration fees.
For more information about this program, please consult the IHDCYH Travel Awards page.
IHDCYH Skills Update Travel Awards for Postdoctoral Fellows and Investigators
IHDCYH will provide travel awards for Postdoctoral fellows and Investigators to visit research centres to enable the acquisition of specialized skills or research experience related to the Institute's mandate.
The maximum amount for a single award varies from $5,000 to $10,000 (depending on seniority) to cover travel costs and accommodation expenses.
For more information about this program, please consult the IHDCYH Skill Update Travel Awards page.
IHDCYH Summer Institute in Maternal-Fetal and Pediatric Pharmacology Travel Awards
IHDCYH will provide travel awards to partially cover the travel costs for participants selected to attend the 2013 Summer Institute in Maternal-Fetal and Pediatric Pharmacology. Please consult the IHDCYH 2013 Summer Institute page for more information on the 2013 Summer Institute and for travel expense details.
CIHR-IHDCYH's contribution to the amount available for this program is subject to availability of funds voted annually to CIHR by parliamentary appropriations, and the conditions that may be attached to them.
The total amount available for this program is $100,000 for fiscal year 2013-2014.
Funds will be attributed as follows:
- Travel awards for trainees: up to $60,000 ($30,000 December 2012 competition; $15,000 for April 2013 and $15,000 for August 2013)
- Skills update travel awards: up to $20,000
- Summer Institute in Maternal-Fetal and Pediatric Pharmacology Travel Awards: up to $20,000.
For information on availability of funds or whether an activity could be funded under existing CIHR programs please contact:
CIHR - Institute of Human Development, Child and Youth Health
Supplemental content (right column)